As a firm which places Employee Relations (ER) at our heart, we are proud of the amazing team here at esphr. That is why our current employee Q&A seeks to share a little more about each one of our colleagues.
Next up is our Operations Executive Laura Campo. In another life, Laura imagines she’d have been an artist, but working at esphr is a close second. When she’s not balancing on her head – a skill she learnt during seven years as a yoga teacher – she’s helping to keep business running smoothly with our ops team.
1. What’s the one thing which marks esphr out as an employer of choice?
The co-brand with WorkNest means that we have the power and support of a larger company, while still maintaining our smaller, independent spirit. We are as responsive and quick to help each other, as we are to our customer base.
2. What would you say if you were to explain what esphr does to an alien?
We offer expert employment law advice alongside user-friendly ER technology systems, helping your in-house HR team to focus their time on meaningful change.
3. If you could give anyone an internal award, who would it be and what would it be for?
Kerry Byrne. She is the epitome of esphr to me – responsive, kind, approachable and hard working. She has been a joy to work with!
4. What is your funniest memory of someone in the team?
I have a few very funny (but rather hazy) memories from Pete and Clare’s retirement party, back in February this year. But none that I should share in writing!
5. What keeps the job interesting for you?
Working in the operations team means that no day is the same. I love the variety of different jobs that I have on my desk, and the satisfaction that comes from ticking them all off!
6. If you hadn’t chosen/gone into the career you’re in, what other profession would you be in?
If I could choose any profession, regardless of skill, I would have loved to be an artist. I would spend my days covered in paint, working from a warehouse somewhere alongside lots of creative types. If I am being more realistic, then I would probably be in a classroom teaching English to A-Level students.
7. Where do you see esphr in five years’ time?
Still very much with the esphr ethos that has kept it shining bright for so many years, but with an even bigger customer base full of happy HR professionals.
8. A little-known fact about you?
I can balance upside down on my head (I was a yoga teacher for seven years before joining esphr!).
9. If we went into lockdown again, who would you like to be locked down with and why?
My husband, my children, my god-children and their parents! Can I also request that we are locked down in a Hawaiian mansion, complete with swimming pools and access to a private beach? Or is that asking too much…
10. Which five celebrities (dead or alive) would you invite to a dinner party?
David Bowie for the stories, Lizzo for the motivation, Franky Wah for the music, Russell Howard for the laughs and Yayoi Kusama for her creativity. Can they also come and join our lockdown party in Hawaii too?